Image Map

Friday, March 14, 2014

An unwanted visitor in the park

We had a nice break from the cold weather the other day so we all decided to go to the park.  It went all the way up to 55 degrees!  That's a big change from where we have been lately...and our mini one day "heat wave" didn't last long because it's back to the usual freezing temps today.  I'm glad we were able to get out and enjoy it for a little while before I had to go in for a midnight shift at work.  (Yuck!)



 Our trip to the park was cut a little short by an unexpected and unwanted visitor.....a raccoon!  There was definitely something wrong with him.  First of all he was out in the day-time, which is very unusual.  He didn't have foam on his face but he was panting and walking crooked and stumbling, so I'm pretty sure he had rabies.  All of the kids in the park climbed up on the play area to get away from them, along with a couple scared moms (myself included).

My husband followed the raccoon around and kept shooing him away from the children and ended up chasing the little (not so little) guy away.  He was our hero!  He actually jumped in between a couple little girls and the raccoon as soon as it was spotted.  He didn't want any of the kids to get hurt.  I found myself a great guy if I say so myself. ;-)

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

linked up to Photography Friday

3 comments:

  1. Yikes!! I would have been a little scared! LOVING the photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! Raccoons do sometimes come out during the day...I remember when I worked in a park there was a momma raccoon who foraged in the garbage bins during the day for her babies. The raccoon you saw seemed very off though! Glad nobody was hurt :)

    thanks so much for linking up with Photography Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I was a little freaked out. I know sometimes they can come out in the day if they are used to people and they smell food but there was definitely something not right with this one. I was just scared because there were so many kids around and I didn't want anyone to get hurt.

    ReplyDelete