Image Map

Friday, December 5, 2014

DIY: Mickey Mouse Ornament


I wanted to do another really simple ornament.  If you've been around here for a while then you may have heard me mention that my daughter is absolutely OBSESSED with Mickey/Minnie Mouse.  Remember when I painted those pumpkins??  Well, I decided that I wanted to make her a special little ornament to surprise her in the morning (I do my crafts after she goes to bed at night).  

This one took me only about 5-10 minutes...and most of that time was just me hunting down the few things I needed.  Don't you hate when you clean and lose track of where everything is?!  I have an organized mess, so when I finally get around to straightening up, I get so confused and forget where I put things. lol!   Anyway, here's a really easy Mickey Mouse ornament for all you Disney lovers!


Supplies needed:
Red shiny bulb
Black permanent marker
2 white buttons
Scissors
White ribbon
Elmer's Glue (Super glue would probably be even better!)

Step One: Coloring

Pick a spot just above the middle of the bulb and draw a straight line all the way around the bulb.  It's okay if it's not perfect.  Mine wasn't either!  Now, you are going to color in the entire top half of your bulb.  This will be his body.  It may be a little streaky.  That's okay!


Step Two:  Creating his "shorts"

Apply glue to the back of each button and apply them one by one just below your black section.  It's going to look a little sloppy but the glue will dry clear so don't worry too much about it.  You will need to hold them in place for a minute or so and blow on them so they "set" a little bit.  After that you can use pens/pencils to hold the bulb in place to let it dry. (see picture below)



Step Three:  Finishing touch!

The last thing you will need to do is to attach a ribbon for hanging....  and that's it!!  Not so bad right?!


If you enjoyed this post, you may also like:
DIY: Wedding Invitation Ornament

Have you ever made ornaments for your tree?

14 comments:

  1. Soooooooo cute! I love love love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I know what you mean about having an organized mess. I have one junk drawer and whenever I try to de-junk it and organize it, the scissors go missing haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Julie! I just showed it to my daughter, and even without the ears she started giggling and saying Mickey! lol! Little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always the scissors, isn't it?! haha! My husband is the same way...we both have our messes but we know exactly where (almost) everything is

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute :) Micky mouse is one of the best Disney characters for sure! It's so simple but smart and effective. I can imagine your daughter loved it!

    http://alovetriangle.weebly.com/

    https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ALoveTriangle

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Disney heart is smiiiiling so much right now, I love this! So so cute :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  7. So easy this is a Disney ornament that we absolutely HAVE to make. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, she was so excited! She could tell who it was supposed to be even without the ears! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm definitely a big Disney dork, so I guess I should admit that this was partly for me too. lol! My daughter is completely obsessed with Mickey and Minnie Mouse tho

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much! It was sooo easy only only took a few minutes to make (as long as you don't count drying time). My daughter loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is ADORABLE

    Fashionably,

    http://wingsforliberty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. so cute!!! you could probably do a pink one for Minnie w polka dots

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a great idea!! I may have to do that one next! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete