Image Map

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Birchbox & Ipsy


This is my second month receiving both Birchbox and ipsy and I still can't decide which one I like better!  I like half of the products in one and half of the other, just like last time!  Here's what I got this month:


Birchbox:

Benefit Lollibalm  |  Full size $18
I really like this tinted lip balm.  It had just a slight tint to it and moisturized my lips instead of drying them out like other lipcolors.  It does have a bit of a scent to it that I wasn't a fan of but it wasn't strong.

CoTZ Flawless Complexion SPF 50  |  Full size $20
This was thicker than I expected it to be and covered pretty good but left my face feeling a little greasy.  I did like that it has sunscreen in it too.  I'm trying to be a little bit better about applying sunscreen now that I'm older.

Harvey Prince Yogini  |  Full size $26-55
I wasn't too crazy about the scent of this one.  It was a little too strong for me.  But I loved the Harvey Prince "Hello" scent that I received last month so I didn't mind getting this one to try.

Macadamia Professional Nourishing Moisture Oil Treatment  |  Full size $40
This was a really nice product for me.  It has been raining a lot around here so my hair has been frizzy.  This helped with the frizz without weighing down my hair.  It's a bit pricey at full price though so I probably wouldn't buy the fullsize

TokyoMilk by Margot Elena Bon Bon Shea Butter Rich Lotion  |  Full size $20
I LOVE the smell of this lotion.  It moisturized my hands really nicely too.  I will probably buy the full size one when I run out of the travel size.


Ipsy:

Briogeo Rosarco Milk Reparative Leave-In Conditioning Spray
This had a really pretty smell and I am very happy with it so far.  It made my hair so soft and helped with my frizz.  Definitely a fan!

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Lip Pencil + BONUS Revolution High-Color Lipgloss
This was my first time using a Urban Decay lip product.  I like the pink color they sent me but the dark purple was a little bit "much" for me, I think.  I enjoyed trying it tho!  The primer really semmed to help it stay in place too

BelláPierre Cosmetics Waterproof Mineral Gel Eyeliner Pencil
I was a bit disappointed with this one.  It went on really thick and ended up flakey in my eyelashes.  The tip came to me broken too, so I was a bit disappointed with that.

AMIE Morning Dew Matte-Finish Moisturizer
If I'm being honest, I didn't really see or feel a difference after using this product.  I was hoping it would make my face really soft and it didn't really, bummer!

Luxie Beauty Tapered Blending Eye Brush 205
Well....it's a brush. lol!  I wasn't too excited to receive this in my bag.  I feel like I could buy a brush anywhere and it doesn't really make a difference which one I use

If you would like to try Birchbox, I would love it if you used my referral link, it's only $10 a month.  Ipsy is also $10 a month and if you think you would rather try that one, this is my referral link for that one.


Image Map

8 comments:

  1. Bummer ... sounds like more bad than good this month :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you got a few good things this month! Do you think you'll keep subscribing to both? Are there any products you liked so much that you bought full size products or still use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tinted lip balm is about as brave as I get on a regular basis when it comes to lip color. You think you'll keep both?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about trying Ipsy because I think it has a lot of products I would love. I did Birchbox for a bit, but I couldn't get into it. I felt like I received a lot of stuff that I didn't use. I may have to look into Ipsy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still not sure which one I like better! I'm so indecisive that it's hard to pick one over the other. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha yeah, I hear you! I've never been one to wear too much makeup so I thought this would be a fun way to make me try some new things and think a bit outside the box. I still don't think I'll be brave enough for that dark purple tho. haha I told my husband I would pick one after a couple months but it's so hard to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did get a few things that I really liked, some not so much, but I wouldn't have known if I never tired either. It's so much fun trying new products! I really loved the TokyoMilk lotion that I got this time around, so I may purchase the fullsize after I've used up the sample. I really liked the "Hello" perfume by Harvey Prince too. I really wanted to be able to narrow down which subscription I wanted to keep by now but I can't decide. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, there were some things that didn't work out as well as I would have hoped but I never would have known if I never tried them, I guess. I was pretty bummed about the makeup brush tho....a brush is just a brush. LOL I was hoping for something more exciting than that.

    ReplyDelete