Image Map

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Yesterday was a big day!

I don't normally post about political things on this blog so don't expect to ever see much of anything like that on here, BUT yesterday was a really big day for Pennsylvania and a lot of my loved ones....



I think the judge says it best right here:
The judge wrote, "Some of our citizens are made deeply uncomfortable by the notion of same-sex marriage. However, that same-sex marriage causes discomfort in some does not make its prohibition constitutional. Nor can past tradition trump the bedrock constitutional guarantees of due process and equal protection...

"Were that not so, ours would still be a racially segregated nation according to the now rightfully discarded doctrine of ‘separate but equal’...

In future generations the label same-sex marriage will be abandoned, to be replaced simply by marriage.”


As soon as I heard I couldn't help but smile.  Maybe I will get to see my sister walk down the aisle after all <3

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Aww! I hope your sister does get married, how exciting too!

    ReplyDelete