Image Map

Monday, August 4, 2014

Lately I've been a little uninspired...

How you ever had one of those days weeks where you just couldn't motivate yourself to do anything??  I've been trying to get my artwork back on track but I've been feeling so uninspired lately.  So, what do I do when I am feeling stuck?  I turn to Pinterest for ideas and motivational quotes! haha!  Don't act like you don't do it too!  I can't be alone here!

I thought I would share some of the awesomeness that I have been finding around Pinterest...
source unknown  |  source  |  source  |  source unknown  |  source  |  source unknown

Some of the artwork that I have seen has completely blown me away.  These are my 2 favorite artists EVER!.  Absolutely breathtaking work.

Thomas Sailot's work gives you certain emotion in every single piece.  Whatever it is that he has created you can feel the expression that he is going for.  He uses a lot of dark undertones to help achieve the look he wants.

Steve Smith's uses brighter colors and gives a more fantasy-esque dreamlike feeling in his art.  It gives you a good feeling....sort of a sense of happiness because they all look to be having fun and makes you want to jump in with them.

Two very different takes on human expression but I love each artists "take" on it.

What do you do when you are feeling uninspired?  Who is your favorite artist?

4 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm ... I read ... I mean I read all the time, but it seems that when I am stuck, I read more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, i LOVE to read. I stopped for a while because I didn't have time with baby, but I've recently started again and I looove it

      Delete
  2. Wow. That Thomas Saliot piece is - WOW. Awesome. When I'm feeling uninspired, I typically take a day to unplug and recharge. No computer, no social media... maybe a movie... but I really try to just rest and that usually does the trick. Traveling, even if it's driving a few hours away to have coffee in a cafe I've never been to - that usually helps me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love days where I unplug from everything. Sometimes you need that. I've never tried traveling to a new place...that sounds like it could be really great too. And YES isn't Thomas Saliot amazing?!?! I just stare at his art and I can't even imagine how he could get his pieces to look the way they do. Just amazing!

      Delete