Image Map

Friday, February 13, 2015

Finally some new art: Catwoman Watercolor



I have really dropped the ball lately with creating artwork once a week.  I think my inspiration just comes and goes, and I was having an "off" moment.  I'm going to try to get better with creating something new every week for Friday.

Anyway, Wednesday night I sat down and created this watercolor portrait of Catwoman.  It's been almost a month since I've created something so I was a little bit rusty.  However, this one only took me about 2 and a half hours to do.  

I wanted to continue with my "comic book series".  I've already painted, Ironman, Black Widow, and Wolverine so I thought I would add a DC comic character into the mix.  I've always love Catwoman, and I will always believe that Michelle Pfeiffer was the best one (sorry, Halle Berry and Anne Hathaway!!).

Here are a couple progress shots:

I also did an acrylic painting of Nancy Callahan (Jessica Alba) from a comic/movie called Sin City.  I'm kind of a big comic nerd, I guess. haha!

Who do you think should be my next comic character? Who do you think played the best Catwoman??

Image Map

28 comments:

  1. Nice! The painting looks great! Maybe do captain America next?

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this!!! I loved when Michelle P. (can't spell her last name! LOL!) played her!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an amazing job! I remember seeing this on instagram and thinking "Wow!" I haven't watched all the movies, but I loved Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much <3 I will always think Michelle Pfeiffer was the best Catwoman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She was definitely the best, in my opinion! And thanks so much Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh that's a good one! I will try to find a good pic for it, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This turned out so well Julie! I'm always amazed at your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic! You are a wonderful artist!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the intensity you've captured in her eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You captured her expression perfectly! Looking forward to more from the comic book series -- super idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely work, how about Wonder Woman next?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this artwork! It looks so good, but then again all of your paintings look so much like the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is wonderful!! How about a viking for your next expressive woman? Happy PPF :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much! That's an idea too, thank you! Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much! I'm having a lot of fun with the comic series so far. Can't wait to start the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much! The eyes are always my favorite part of a portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely work....nice job on her eyes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much! The eyes are always my favorite thing in a portrait

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the colors you used here- the monochromatic palette with a pop of red and blue! What brand of watercolors to you use?
    Xx, Marketa
    www.bohemianmint.com

    ReplyDelete