Image Map

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

My Summer Bucket List

Last year Paige was still too young to do a lot of things so I spent most of my summer indoors. This year now that she is a little older (15 months) and able to move around, I am really excited to go out and do a bunch of things.  I've started a list of things that I want to do while the weather is nice.


  1. Drive in movie- Because, why not?!  I think it would be a lot of fun, and it's something I haven't done since I was a little girl.  Last movie I saw at the drive-in was Jurassic Park...yeah, it's been that long!
  2. Trip to the zoo -  I think it would be really fun to see the look on my daughter's face when she sees all of the big "kee cats".  She LOVES animals.
  3. Hiking-  I'm a very big outdoorsy girl, so I love hiking trails...or making our own.  My husband and I hike near the state park and go rock climbing.
  4. Watch fireworks-  I missed them last year because Paige was still so young and needed to go to bed.  This year it will be past her bedtime but maybe if we are out with people she won't be terrible.  Wishful thinking maybe??  She loves lights so I think she will enjoy seeing them.
  5. Hang out by the pool- So, last year I was only in a pool once....for 10 minutes.  Yeah...I reeeally need to find a pool. Paige loves bathtime so she should like that too!
  6. Go to a food festival- I LOVE to eat!  I should seriously be 300lbs.  I like the food festivals because they set up stands with food from all around the world so you get to try all kinds of new things.  But who am I kidding, I always go for the pierogies, halushki, and bourbon chicken. Mmmmm!!
  7. Go to an amusement park-  I haven't been to the local amusement park (Kennywood) in 3 years!  That's craziness!  I want to ride some roller coasters and feel the wind in my hair and scream until I lose my voice.  Okay maybe not the second part...
  8. Be a beach bum-  I also haven't been to the beach in a couple years.  I used to go every year of my life, but sometimes life just gets in the way.  BUT this year I already have a hotel booked!  We are going for a long weekend at the end of July, since I have to be out that way for a family reunion anyway.  This will be Paige's first time at the beach.  She may hate it because she hates when things stick to your hands and thats all sand does...All. Day. Long.
  9. Have a bon fire-  Nothing says summer like roasting up some marshmallows and keeping warm by the fire.  And of course SMORES!  I like to make Sm-oreos.  A roasted marshmallow between an oreo...so sweet!
  10. Play in the sprinkler-  Because every once and a while you have to act like an 8 year old.  Also,  I have a kid so I can use her as an excuse. haha!!

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have an amazing bucket list!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! So funny I posted my summer bucket list today to! Here I thought I was being so creative. It seems like we have a few similar items on our lists. I almost put a bonfire to, but it is SO HOT here I just can't do them in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! haha! How funny is that?! Going to go check out yours now and see what ones I missed! lol

      Delete
  3. Great list. :)
    I haven't been to a drive-in since a few years back with my hubby, when the Avengers came out. I saw it at the drive thru, and in theaters in 3D...I saw it I think like four times before it was even on DVD. I haven't been to any zoo in like four years and that was at the Pittsburgh Zoo. Last time I was at Kennywood, I had used Nair on my legs that morning...It was not a pretty sight, it didn't take the hair off my legs and my legs broke out into a red rash. So every water ride hurt my legs. lol. Bourbon chicken is always a good time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch!! I used Nair one time and the same thing happened to me. I had huge red rashes up and down both of my legs. Hurt so bad! Lesson learned. lol!

      Delete
  4. We have several of the same things on our list! We have a drive-in theater within an hour of where we live, so I'm looking forward to that a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An hour isn't too bad! It's something that I think would be a lot of fun

      Delete
  5. i thought bucket lists were totally for a different purpose....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bucket list is just a list of things you want to do. =)

      Delete
  6. hi julie, so nice to find your lovely blog from our FB group!
    i love this list, and will do #10 with you any day! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha!! You HAVE to let your inner little kid go crazy sometimes! And thank you!!

      Delete
  7. This sounds great! I wish we had a drive-in movie theater here. This summer I plan on spending lots of time at the beach with the kids :)

    ReplyDelete