Image Map

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

I finally made it to a baseball game!

Sometimes a night out with your mom is just what you need.  My mom has always been my best friend and one of the people I call with any kind of problem/news.  We haven't gotten to have a girl's night out in so long, but we finally got our chance a little over a week ago!


My mom is a HUGE baseball fan and loves the Pittsburgh Pirates.  She has season passes and everything.  Earlier in the week she called to ask if I wanted to go to a game with her.  I was super excited because I had never been to a baseball game and it was also a firework night.  I'm more of a football and hockey girl but I love sports so I knew it would be fun.

It did rain on us a lot but my mom is a smarty pants and brought rain ponchos!  Mine was super huge on me but it definitely worked!


She also surprised me with tickets to see the musical "Cats" beforehand.  She knows that I LOVE musical theater (and her boyfriend isn't into it) so she bought us the tickets to the showing before the game.

We ended up spending almost 12 hours together while my hubby watched the little one!  It was a great night out.

And to make the night even more awesome, the Pirates won the game in overtime! hahaha!  Yesssss....


linking up at The Grits Blog and Treasure Tromp

5 comments:

  1. How fun!!!! I would LOVE to see CATS!!!!!! How awesome is that!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The soloist that sang "Memory" was AMAZING!! It was a great night out, for sure!

      Delete
  2. Nights out are the best! I'm glad you got to spend the day with your mom. Sometimes that's just what a girl needs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh those fireworks are awesome!! sounds like such a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom always makes me feel better too :) Looks like a fun evening!!!

    ReplyDelete