Image Map

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Wedding Week: Our Wedding

Today my husband and I have been married for FOUR years!  I can't believe how fast time went by...  They say time flies when you're having fun.  We've been together for almost 6 years and I can honestly say that they have been the happiest years of my whole life.  

I was always one of those girls that never wanted to get married....and then I started dating my now husband.  I couldn't have made a better choice.

We got married on the beach in Ocean City, MD.  I've already shared with you Our Engagement Story and The Details, but now I thought I would share some pictures and memories  from our wedding day..

GETTING READY

CEREMONY
You wouldn't know it from the pictures but it was actually POURING down rain the whole morning of the wedding.  I remember crying, thinking that there was no way I was going to be able to have the perfect beach wedding that I always wanted.  I looked out the doorway and up at the sky and asked my Pop Pop (my grandpa, who passed away) to please help make the rain stop.....  And just like that the rain stopped!  I'm not even kidding!  The rain held off for the whole ceremony, but did start back up a bit for the pictures.  It was REALLY cold too. My bridesmaids were troopers!

RECEPTION
I remember my heart racing and still being in shock that we were actually married.  I felt like I won the lottery. Between you and me, I still think I did.  The whole day went by like a whirlwind!  There were a lot of silly little things that didn't go as planned but no one seemed to notice.
Thanks for taking the time to share our memories with us!  I love looking at all of these photos.  It still feels like a dream...

Tomorrow I have a honeymoon post to keep Wedding Week going, so stop back tomorrow to see how we celebrated!

12 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary!! I loveeeeeeeee the photos!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!! I love wedding photos :) You guys are so cute - and you looked stunning on your big day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!! :) I was so excited for this post today! I LOVE that your Grandpa aided you in giving you a rain-free moment, I have no doubt he was a part of that. You looked gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary!! I love the pictures - they're beautiful! The one of all the groomsmen holding you up on the beach is great! :) What a gorgeous wedding you had!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 4 years to you guys!! I love the way your hair was styled, you all look pretty happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww I love seeing wedding pictures. You looked beautiful! Found you through the bloghop and happy to be your newest follower!

    tatteredtotaylored.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will definitely stop by your site and follow back.

      Delete
  7. Happy anniversary!! It looks like you had the PERFECT day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a lovely post! How did I miss this whole week?? Oh, we were on our road trip then I think. I can't believe the rain actually let up. Good going pop pop

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha yeah, I think you may have been on a road trip. Yeah, my pop pop definitely helped us out that day. I actually had a locket attached to my bouquet with a photo of my pop pop in it too.

    ReplyDelete