Image Map

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Wedding Week: The Details

Yesterday I shared our Engagement Story with you so before I post our wedding photos on our anniversary tomorrow I thought I would give you a sneak peak of some of our little details as a teaser for tomorrow.

My hubby and I had our wedding on the beach in Ocean City, MD so we had a lot of beach wedding decor.  Unfortunately, I had never heard of Pinterest yet so I didn't get to use any of those ideas!  Poo!  I just had to let my imagination do the work for me! lol  We also had a VERY small budget so we kept everything pretty small.

My favorite beach theme detail that we picked was our wedding cake!  I thought it turned out amazing!  As soon as I saw the cake topper online I knew I had to have it!  The cake designer did an amazing job matching the icing to the cake topper too!  All of the seashells and starfish were made out of chocolate.


Another one of my favorite things I decided to add was a locket that I tied to my bouquet.  My Pop Pop (my grandpa) was the most important man in the whole world to me but before he got the chance to give me away at my wedding he passed away.  So, the day wouldn't be the same if he wasn't there holding my hand as I walked down the aisle.  I gave the locket a big kiss and started my walk toward my husband to be. 
  
My friend actually made all of the bouquets for me!  I decided that fake flowers were the way to go because I thought that real flowers would wilt in the heat.  Also, I keep EVERYTHING so I thought it would also be great to keep my flowers forever!

Left: Centerpiece.  The centerpieces were large bowls filled with sand right from the beach and some seashells and starfish sprinkled in there too.  I was going to leave it at that but my mom thought it was too plain and added the flowers.  She's better at the fancy stuff than I am.  They looked much better in person than they do in the pictures.
Middle: Guest book.  My mom bought this for me at Things Remembered.  It is SOOO beautiful....but probably really unnecessary because we had a pretty small wedding (50 people). lol  I think only half signed it.
Right: Gift table.  I wish I had a better picture for you but I don't.  I strung shells on some twine and laid it across the table and sprinkled a few more just to add "something"

Since our ceremony was going to be on the beach and it was the end of July, we expected the weather to be really hot (it wasn't, it was COLD and rainy).  I didn't want anyone getting overheated so we put a large tub filled with ice and water bottles on the beach to help guests cool down.  I designed a cute little label for them and everything.  I don't have a picture of anyone with an actual bottle BUT here are my adorable labels..

I never realized how much time and thought goes into picking out songs either!  It took forever to decide! 

OUR WEDDING SONG PICKS:
First Dance: "I Could Not Ask For More" - Edwin McCain
Father/Daughter Dance: "I Loved Her First" - Heartland
Bouquet Toss: "Single Ladies" - Beyonce
Garter Toss:  "Another One Bites the Dust" - Queen
Cake Cutting: "I'm Yours" - Jason Mraz
...and towards the end of the night my hubby surprised me with a song that he wrote for me himself <3  He's pretty amazing ladies!!

And last but not least, THE DRESS!!
I probably only tried on maybe a dozen dresses, but when I tried this one on, I just knew it was perfect!

Stop back tomorrow for Our Wedding Story!

10 comments:

  1. Loving the photos from your day!!! That cake looks AMAZING!!!! When Brian and I married ... it was our 3rd each (yes ... I know, I get the same reaction from everyone! LOL!!) ... anyhoo ... since we had already been there, done that before ... we just had dinner at our fave Mexican restaurant after the ceremony ... no cake... we just fed each other mini-chimmies!! LOL!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Julie! And hey, they say 3rd times a charm, right?! =) My mom has been married 3 times also, so she hears the same things all the time. Mexican food is sooo good, so that sounds perfect!

      Delete
  2. Your cake really did turn out so well! Beachy but not too over the top :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dress is stunning! And that ring...wow! I love that you had the locket with you, what a beautiful sentiment. Rain on your wedding day is supposed to be good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I closed the locket right before I walked out to my husband but in a bunch of photos you can see it opened...I like to think that my pop pop was watching. =) And we must have a lot of good luck then , because it POURED. haha!! It's okay though...it stopped just long enough

      Delete
  4. THAT DRESS!!!! Gorgeous!!! I can't wait to read your wedding story! (And how sweet that your hubby wrote a song for you!) Ohhh and the cake!! So, so pretty! I've never seen a cake that color before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! My husband is very romantic and sweet. I cried when I heard the song. So perfect. I'd never seen a cake like it before either but it was so perfect!

      Delete
  5. looks like you had a beautiful wedding - love your dress! and a beach wedding sounds so perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The beach wedding was very special to us because when my husband's mom passed away, he scattered her ashes in the ocean. So having it there sort of meant she could be there with us <3

      Delete