Image Map

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Girly Girl Vs. Tomboy

Whenever I was little, my mom tried desperately to turn me into a girly girl instead of the big time tom boy that I was.  I was the first girl born out of my mom's siblings so everyone was really excited and wanted to buy the frilly dresses and makeup and everything like that.  But I grew up with boy cousins and an older brother so she ended up losing the girly girl fight. haha!

I thought it would be fun to show you pictures from my past of how my mom used to dress me for pictures... and then show you the reality of what I was really like. And who doesn't like looking at super embarrassing photos of people.  I mean, come on!  Sooo here we go...

 My mom signed me up for every beauty pageant and dance class there was!!  She even had me pose with a baby doll in the one photo.  It's so funny to look back on now.  I did continue to do dance classes for a long time though.  That was one thing that I really liked and I still miss today.....  the dresses on the other hand..

This was the "real" me growing up.  Always covered in dirt/food/whatever.  Hair a mess.  Fishing with my dad in the summer.  Skinned up knees from soccer.  I LOVED soccer.  I played for about 6 or 7 years.  I was the only girl on the team for a long time. haha!!

I wanted to be just like my older brother. I even wore his hand-me-downs when I was a little older.  Yeah, I went through the baggy clothes stage....  but those are photos for another day...

Do you have embarrassing photos of yourself in outfits that your parents made you wear when you were little??  They are the best kind of photos...haha!!

4 comments:

  1. I love the picture of you in the wicker chair. It's like you are telling the photographer that you know this is silly! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah, I've never been very good at taking pictures.

      Delete
  2. HA!! I love it!!! Your poor mom though ... she finally had PINK and you wanted to be BLUE!! LOL!!! I love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha!! Yeah, she tried so hard to make me into a girly girl.. It didn't work BUT lucky for her, she had another daughter who is a BIG TIME girly girl. haha

      Delete