Image Map

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Sunday Social


1. What is the most difficult thing you have been through?
When my husband and I were trying to start a family we had a very difficult time conceiving and then after a year of trying we found out we were pregnant...  and then we miscarried at 12 weeks.  It was devastating.  But it brought us even closer together...and we now have a daughter who is a year and a half old.

2. What was your best birthday?
Probably the first year that my hubby and I started dating.  My birthday is right before Halloween so we went out to a karaoke bar for their costume night with a bunch of my friends and had some drinks.  My husband and my best friend are great singers.... Me? well, I will stick to cheering them on from the audience. haha!

3. What has been your favorite thing you’ve done in your own city?
Zipling!  We have a park somewhat near us (about 40minutes away) that has an attraction called Go Ape.  My husband and I went last year and it was sooo much fun!  They have obstacle course that you have to get through and then at the end of each level you zipline through the trees to the next course.  We are both very athletic and adventurous types so we had a lot of fun.  I should write a post about that soon!

4. What is your idea of the perfect date night?
Lately?  Just being able to go out and have an actual conversation would be nice. haha!  When you have a little one that requires all of your attention, any night out is perfect.

5. Have you ever been to a blogging conference? If so which one(s)? If not do you want to?
I haven't yet, but I would really love to!  I see so many bloggers posting about theirs but unfortunately I haven't seen or heard about any in the Pittsburgh area.

12 comments:

  1. I can't sing either, oh gosh it's horrible. Aww, I'm glad you've got the little beauty now! I was told it would be really hard for me to have kids, it makes me sad. Anyhoo, I hope you & the family have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I am definitely not the best singer but it doesn't stop me when I'm in the car. haha!! Hope you had a great weekend too!

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a great birthday! The zip lining and obstacle courses sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, zip-lining was amazing. I've been thinking about surprising my hubby with tickets again. It was sooo much fun!

      Delete
  3. I didn't know you lived in Pittsburgh! What a great city! I have family in PA and I've. Even there a few times. I totally feel you on the miscarriage thing. It's so hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my city...most of the time! haha! In the winter I get a little miserable but I don't think I could live anywhere that didn't have a changing of season. It would be weird. lol!

      Delete
  4. We are going ziplining next weekend! I am so excited and a little scared. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are going to have SO much fun!! You'll probably be a little scared at first but once you start it is great!

      Delete
  5. I truly understand your struggles trying to have a child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an awful time for us, but we were finally blessed with our daughter who is almost a year and a half old now.

      Delete
  6. I think I understand what you are going true, We are trying at the moment to have a child and it;s so frustrating sometimes. I believe time will heal all.
    http://balearaitzart.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be a really frustrating time. I hope everything goes well for you.

      Delete