Image Map

Friday, July 11, 2014

Wedding Week: Our Honeymoon

This is my last post of the Wedding Anniversary Week posts.  Thanks for hanging in there with me and letting me remember every detail.  I hope you enjoyed your peek into our wedding festivities.

For our honeymoon we wanted to do something really cool that neither of us had done before, so we booked a cruise to Cozumel and the Grand Cayman Islands.  I had never been on a cruise before so I wanted to give that a try.

We quickly found out that I get motion sickness.  haha!  I don't get sick to my stomach but I feel like everything is spinning.  The best way I can describe it is if you've ever drank just a bit too much and closed your eyes and felt like everything was spinning.  It was pretty miserable.  Unfortunately I didn't even get to leave the cabin much.  I spent almost the whole time in bed....and not for the reasons people usually are in bed on their honeymoon! haha!

I was so relieved when we got to the Grand Cayman Islands because I was able to get off the ship for a while and have a relaxing day on the beach.  The water was so beautiful!

The next stop was Cozumel and we got to swim with dolphins!!  Coolest experience ever!  They were so sweet and gentle.  I got dolphin kisses and rode on her back.



Have you ever scheduled an event or trip only to have it not be what you expected??  Where was your favorite vacation?

3 comments:

  1. How fun!!!!! I love all the photos ... especially the dolphin one!!! Every time I go back home (NY/NJ) is a fave for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah motion sickness! Sorry for that experience - but at least you had times at port to redeem the holiday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha that's really cool! It may have been the same one! And yeah, I couldn't see the dolphins until they were really close...I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty nervous about the dolphins but it ended up being so much fun.

    ReplyDelete