Image Map

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Let me tell you 'bout my beeest frieeend...

As I was looking through some of my posts from the last couple months I realized that I haven't introduced you to one of the most important men in my life...

His name is "Momma's Boy" aka "Handsome".  I'm sure you can see why...


Right before I graduated high school, I started working at a pet shop.  I still consider it one of my favorite jobs ever!  I barely made minimum wage but I got to hang out with all kinds of furry and not so furry friends.

One day when we were about to close for the day, a woman came in with a litter of kittens that she wanted to get rid of (happened all the time), so what we always did was take them in, get them cleaned up, and schedule for a vet to check them out the next day.  One by one the vet checked them out and "okayed" them for sale, but when she got to the last 2 she found a level 3 heart murmur in the them both.  That made them "unsellable".  There was a teeny tiny orange and white guy (baby Momma's boy) and a little black and white boy.  My best friend took home the tuxedo kitty and named him Ozzy.

As the vet continued to give a check up to the little orange boy she noticed a bad upper respiratory infection, ear mites, and a gooey infection in his eyes.  She said he probably wouldn't last the week.  So, I decided he was coming home with me and getting all of the love that he could for that week, instead of living in some cage.

A week went by, then a month, and the vet was amazed to see that he pulled through.  She said with his weak heart she never would have expected it, and also that he may not live as long of a life as a normal cat but he was doing so much better.  Well, he is now 8 years old and still has me wrapped around his little paw.

His name was originally Gizmo but he followed me around constantly, so I kept saying "you're such a little Momma's Boy" and I guess he like that better.  He can be such a little butthead but I love him like crazy.  He's been with me through so much and I don't know what I would have done without him.

8 comments:

  1. OH my goodness, how lucky he was that you were there to take him in! It's always amazing how animals can rally when they're being loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, he is my little man. Love him sooo much!

      Delete
  2. Bless you, Julie!!!! I'm so glad you rescued him!! What a sweetheart of a kitty. Love him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he rescued me too. I had very bad depression when I got him and he helped me through it too, so we are both lucky. It was meant to be

      Delete
  3. Oh I just love cats! I am such a crazy cat lady, you have no idea! You are such a wonderful person to take the baby home with you. I'm so glad that your baby is doing well now :). I have 9 cats (yes...its a lot but they are all my babies) particularly two of them...Jasper & Skeeter. My baby Jasper is such a momma's boy! I found him in an abandoned boat...Random I know. I should probably do a post about that...

    -Jennifer
    www.jennifersblogbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww I would love to have that many cats! At one point I had 7! lol! Love them so much!

      Delete