Image Map

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Wedding Week: Engagement

On the 10th my husband and I will be celebrating our 4 year wedding anniversary!!  It's crazy how time flies! So this week I am going to share with you our wedding story.  Every day this week I will be posting wedding related posts so you can "remember" with us.  Here we go...

THE PROPOSAL STORY:
It was our one year anniversary and he wanted to keep everything a secret...even where he was taking me!  He just told me to wear a nice dress because it was a fancier place.  Normally he will give me hints about what he got me and let me try to guess what it was.  Not this time!  He wouldn't budge!  He ended up taking me to this restaurant in Pittsburgh on Mount Washington called The Monterrey Bay Fish Grotto.  It was BEAUTIFUL.  The restaurant is on top of a tall building overlooking the whole city of Pittsburgh.  All of the walls were made of glass so you could see the city lights and he planned it perfectly so we could see the sunset.  They had the most amazing food ever.  

As we were waiting for our dessert to come out he said we should stand in front of the window and look at the beautiful view.  He was standing behind me with his arm around me and he whispered in my ear: " I wanted to take you to the top of the world to tell you that you mean the world to me".  Then he took his hand off of my waist and I turned around to see why.  When I turned around he was down on one knee.... and since I am a giant sized idiot I was thinking "oh, he's tying his shoe"...(yeah, face palm moment)

He pulled the box out of his pocket and asked if I would be his wife.  And then the most embarrassing thing happened, I tried to say yes and I just squeaked at him.  That's all that would come out!!  So then I realized people were staring and I got flustered and started sort of flapping at him.  I squeaked a few more times and decided to give up and just pull him in for a big hug and kiss.  Everyone applauded.

ENGAGEMENT PHOTOS:
I had a friend that was an aspiring model who had a friend that did her photography, and as an engagement present we got a free engagement shoot!  They may not be the most professional photos ever but I love them!

Of course, I HAD TO add in the Steelers pics.  I love my Steelers! haha!!

 We decided to do a super casual one because that was more "us".  That was my favorite tank top back then. haha!  Pretty sure I wore it ALL THE TIME.

 This last set ended up being my favorite.  It's something I've never seen done before.  A shoot in your pjs!  And the photographer caught us goofing off (the patty cake picture).  My hubby and I are always acting silly and I just think that he caught "us" more in these ones.

Here's one more set of photos for you ladies because everyone always wants to see the ring...he did good!

Did you have engagement photos taken??  If so, did you add in any details that were special to you as a couple?

Tomorrow I will be sharing some of the details in our wedding so stop back and visit!

8 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwww what a sweet story!!!!!!!!! LOVING the photos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I'm so glad you are doing this series!! :) The whole story is SO sweet. I love what he said to you as you were looking out the window. (Gorgeous ring, lady!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much!! He got me the most beautiful ring I have ever seen. He has amazing taste and picked it out himself! I had no clue that the proposal was even coming! lol

      Delete
  3. How cute! I love your beachy theme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica! The beach is a really special place to us so it was perfect!

      Delete
  4. This is so adorable! It sounds like your man is a keeper :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He definitely is. He's a big romantic so he made sure to make it extra special

    ReplyDelete